Sunday, January 5, 2014

Artist's Network: Luminous Landscape Paintings in Oils





I'm working on one of my oil painting now and I was stuck with creating a stunning light and beautiful clouds in the landscape painting. So I looked up landscape oil painting techniques on internet, and this video popped up. Even it was not a complete one, I could still steal some his techniques.

I have to separate my brushes into different color tones, at least into warm color and cold color. I used to paint with only two brushes and always ended up mixing the color to a really ugly hue. Using paper towel is not always working as I'm not unable to create a warm color after the brush has dark blue on. Adding light and dark tone can create distance btw.

Perspective line is so important in landscape painting. Making a draft and positioning the vanishing point can create a nice sense of reality.

I also used to focus on small stuffs and start with details. That's so inefficient and will messed up when I begin with another object. So always start with the big picture - perspective line or general outlines of elements in the landscape you are going to draw.

Those are experience and I hope you could get your take-away.





No comments:

Post a Comment