Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Wonderful Trip to Hawaii, Part 3. Honolulu


After checked out in Maui, I am back to Honolulu, a city like New York with a lot foreign travelers, crowed streets and glamerous stores. I dream for New York but not a copycat. While, buying food and shopping are much earier then any other islands. Every city is pretty much like the same when nights come. I like watching the city running at night. I was lucky to get a room with quiet nice view. 

Copyright by Yubin Wang
Waikiki area

Next morning, I went to the Diamond Head to see the the full view of Honolulu.

Diamond Head Crater
Since today was the day before Christmas, people was shopping around the city everywhere and I barely could find a restaurant where I had no need to make a reservation. I got to have a nice meal at Duke's Waikiki in the end. It turned out that ordering the pork ribs made me a Texan for sure!

The last day of my trip of Hawaii was so breezy for I had absolutely no schedules so I did exactly what I loved to do-- enjoying a great lunch and  watch the sunset afterwards!

Sorbet 

Tiki's Grill and Bar
Sunset at Waikiki Beach
There was an old lady sitting beside me while I was watching the sunset. We were both a alone but we weren't lonely. Due to the Christmas, most of the stores were closed and literally nowhere to stay indoors. But I enjoyed my last day so peacefully and contemplatively.

I always like to have some quality time with myself in stead of spending time with not-well-meaning friends. I was reading the $100 startup, by Chris Guillebeau, during my trip and starting my own business and living my life in Hawaii has become my motivation and new year resolution!

P.S. Honolulu Cookie is so damn good.

More pictures, please visit Yubin Wang Photography

All rights reserved by Artist Day 1 to Day 100


No comments:

Post a Comment