Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Wonderful Trip to Hawaii, Part 2. Maui


First of all, Happy New Year everybody!

So in day 4, I was at Maui Island where I spent the most of my time during this trip, because everything here is soooo beautiful!.

When I saw the whole island from the airplane, I felt like this island has much more diversity of landscape than the big island, field and mountain, beach and cliff. Driving all the way to the south, Hana, I was too sick of the mountain road where the likely falling rocks on the right side and steep cliff on the left side. But I have to say that the vegetation is so diverse and the natural fresh air made me dive into the forest. Hana Bay is just a small bay and I thought it was not worth driving this much long. When heading back, I was stunned by the stars and milky way above my head. I haven’t seen these amount of shining stars in my life and the airplane also looked like a shooting star. I turned off the car and enjoyed the present of god. All I could hear is the water beating the rocks and the bird tweets. Everything was so sacred and peaceful and I felt myself too small to be a mankind in the galaxy. I saw Venus if I was right. I couldn’t capture the spirit by using a camera so I just was watching and watching...


Copyright by Yubin Wang
Starry sky at Hana
Next day, I spent whole day getting tanned on the beach. The northwest of Maui Island is a nice place to drive while enjoying the beach view. Kapalua, Napili and Kaanapali area are the best place to go surfing. Speaking of surfing, everybody should move to Hawaii and live a surfing life, seriously. The natural waves are so perfect for anyone who loves to fly on the sea!


Copyright by Yubin Wang
Napili Beach
Next day, I was on my way to Nakalele Blowhole that locates in the northeast of the island, unfortunately the road was closed, but you cannot believe that the unpaved road is so worth driving. Each turn was so thrilling for there were falling rocks on the left side and cliffs on the right side. Once I arrived the deep of west Maui forrest, I was kind of understand why so many people withdrew from society and ended up with living in the mountains. There are no distractions, gimcrackeries, pollutions, bustles and whatsoever. It is so easy to hear yourself and your breath.

Copyright by Yubin Wang
West Maui
Then I went to Lahaina historical district. I just didn't fall in love with those commercialized stores and restaurants that forces you shopping. There were a lot freelance artists who set booths selling their works. The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. was there and I had a nice dinner. I almost forget to say the sunset. Every sunset I've seen here was so amazing like nowhere else could share the same thing.

Copyright by Yubin Wang
Sunset at Lahaina 
Last day at Maui, I sailed off to Molokini Crater snorkeling in the morning.When I jumped into the water, only a small amount of tropical fish was moving around. I got kicked as too many people were in the water at same time and some of them couldn’t even swim! I was unable to see the turtle because the water was so cold. Then went to Haleakala National Park to watch the sunset, I had to say that this was the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen! The sun was going down little by little, and everything was turning into orange red. The soft clouds were like marshmallows. You could actually feel like you are in the air.

Copyright by Yubin Wang
Sunset at Halealaka
More pictures, please visit Yubin Wang Photography

To be continued...

All rights reserved by Artist Day 1 to Day 100

No comments:

Post a Comment