Thursday, June 26, 2014

Trip in Florida Part 1: Tampa-Clearwater-St.Petersburg


Delta Fight in The Air

So I decided to visit my friend in Florida couple weeks ago and here I am. My first stop was Tampa. Tampa is not a city full of travelers but quiet and neat. Downtown Tampa is not a big either when you oversee it from one side of the Tampa Bay.

Downtown Tampa

First Dinner at Wok Chi
Next morning, we were heading to Clearwater Beach which turned out to be my favorite place during my trip. 
Clearwater Beach

.

Asian Scallops and Sunset Salad at Palm Pavilion
.
On the Way to Honeymoon Island
.

Near Clearwater, there is a small island called honeymoon island. We actually took the ferry to another tiny island that has a natural beach on it. I couldn't say more I loved this place. My Hawaii trip of last year was amazing but only the natural beach with few people was my cup of tea. Since I saw this kind of natural view again here, I was so excited to jump into the water and took pictures of the beach from the ocean.



June and July are the rainy season in Florida. As you drive, rainbows are everywhere. By the night of the third day, we arrived at downtown St. Petersburg. I had to say that uptown was a bit scary as the homeless were walking like gangs. Other than that, you can smell the history of the city, old castles, churches, theaters...but also you can feel the artistic development here, Salvador Dali Museum, St. Petersburg Museum of Fine Arts...Most of the museums are located next to the Tampa Bay area, so the streets are clean and the environment is relaxing.

Salvador Dali Museum


.
Dinner at La Vi
Next day, We were going to Everglades to see dolphins and wetlands. It was such a human habitation. If the captain didn't tell me the diversity of all kinds of animals living there, I would just assume that there were nothing under the water...I got bitten by tons of mosquitos when we were deep into the swamps.

Dolphins
.
Cypress
.
Crab Cake Salad and Gator at Joanie's Blue Crab Cafe

To be continued..

All the photos taken by iPhone 4s
All rights reserved by Artist Day 1 to Day 100


No comments:

Post a Comment