Saturday, June 28, 2014

Trip in Florida Part 3: Key West


Long Key
The last stop of my trip was Key West. Before we arrived the island, we had to pass through all the other islands nearby. Only one main highway connects all islands. The view on the way was beautiful, maybe not enough. It was at noon and the sun light was so strong, I mean, that could get you burnt if you don't put anything on your body. Along Long Key and Marathon, private yachts were on different side of marinas and RV is also a popular place to stay if you plan to visit here for more than a week. The seafood on the island was expansive and I didn't know why since they could just hunt fish next to their restaurants. Anyway, I had a yellowtail wrap at Island Fish Company & Tiki Bar and heading to the south.

at Island Fish Company & Tiki Bar
The road to Key West was a kind of mess. Constructions was blocking the way and pedestrians were everywhere. But the deeper I got into the town, the more I loved it. Residential houses have been newly painted and well decorated, and the blocks are full of plants and flowers. Visiting Ernest Hemingway Home reminded me of "Midnight in Paris". Honestly I don't like him. I normally don't like poets but admire them. They live in the different but unrealistic world and also being reminiscent. Hemingway raised a lot cats when he was alive. Even today, at least 20 cats are living at his home.

Ernest Hemingway Home
.

 Keeping going to the south, I found no beaches in Key West. There is a popular attraction called southernmost point, where plenty of tourists waiting there and taking pictures with a not-pretty monument. There is a butterfly museum near to it and you will thank for it after walking 2 hours under the sun.

South Key West

Butterfly Museum

The old town there is located near the pier. Bars, restaurants and souvenir stores are over there also. Every building has unique exterior characteristic. Key lime pie is the most recommended dessert in South Florida, so Key Lime Factory is basically selling key lime products. 

Old Town

Key Lime Factory


Key West Museum of Art and History


So here I highly recommend a dessert restaurant called Better Than Sex. I wasn't expecting to visit there until I saw it on the street.  The restaurant was very dark inside and they gave you flashlight to see the menu on iPad. The basic light was provided by candle-like bulbs. The wall was red and the floor was black. Nude photographs were hanging on the wall. So far so good. They only offer dessert, wine and coffee. Every drink will be dipped chocolate around the top of glass or cup. Most of the Dessert have special names. Despite the price, it is definitely a romantic place to go!

Better Than Sex   PC: Internet 

PC: Internet 

Due to the deliciousness of my meal, we didn't catch up the beautiful sunset on that day. We were supposed to wait at Molly Square, the perfect spot to watch sunset. I didn't have any regrets or anything plus I've seen several amazing sunsets in Hawaii. But my point is that sometimes feeling the moment is much better than capturing it. You can't imagine how happy I will be just by watching the sunset glow sheds on people's face, the roofs, the leaves, the clouds...for me, it's just perfect.


Before we left from there, we got the chance to watch the sunrise. The place wasn't perfect either but still beautiful.



All the photos taken by iPhone 4s
All rights reserved by Artist Day 1 to Day 100



No comments:

Post a Comment